Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Out of the Frying Pan into the Fire.


Actually it is "out of the A/C into the oven" I am heading to Agok tomorrow. Two of us are going down to stay two nights. I am not sure what they expect out of this and why exactly they want us there. All I can guess is that they need to have some degree of visible progression. The military is there so UNPOL has to be there also. It is not a very popular decision with the UNPOLs in Abyei. The TOB or temporary operating base that is there is at best, austere, and that is giving it a lot. I am looking forward to it in some respects, namely, sleeping in a tent in Sudan near a mud hut village, and it is only two nights every 10 or so days. This is flic of the TOB from the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment