Since we completed our induction training last week we have had nothing to do. It is mandatory that we sign in at the UN base in the morning and then the rest of the day was ours until 4 pm when we are supposed to sign out. So on our very last day in Khartoum a small group of us took a taxi to where to two Nile Rivers meet, it is in the north end of the city and is quite interesting historically. We got some photos but I of course didn't bring my camera and I have to wait to get some photos from some else. So until then that's all I really have to say.
Ok, I finally got the photos added that I said I was. Their are not super professional or anything like that. The focus is on the locale. There is so much history this spot I thought it would be nice to have some flics of the spot now.
The very top photo is looking basically north. On the left is the White Nile on the right is the Blue Nile, straight ahead is The Nile. The second one from the top is basically the same as the first one but right at waters edge. The third one from the top is looking west at the White Nile. Across that bridge is Omdurman. The fourth one is looking back east up the Blue Nile.

looks like you're having too much fun-be safe!!
ReplyDelete(sql)
Hey Buds, sorry I haven't written sooner! I'm just in Windsor with Randy for the NCAA Final Four Basketball tourny, then off to St. John's Nfld before he heads to Ottawa for the pre-depolyment trg. Once I've got him safely out of the country I will get the care packages rolling out of Spin...son't worry, I'm familiar with the rules!
ReplyDeleteLooking good... just so you know we are in the midst of a snow storm 03APR !!! Teddy is leaving so our team is now Lenny, Rags and me.. Take Care Otis
ReplyDeleteHey guys thanks for the comments. Wait until you see Abyei.... holy shit.... mother of god what have I done!? Just kidding in a way.
ReplyDeleteTrina don't go killing yourself trying to get stuff sent over. But do know that your thoughts are every message posted here is more than enough, thanks.
Otis I am not coming back I found me a bush wife with a really nice mud hut, her husband died in the war, 15 kids though, 5 of them are "trainable"
kirk
ReplyDeletejust wanted to say hi and let you know that we are following your time in Africa. Was going to tell you that we just finished our best sap run ever and that we have a container of maple syrup waiting with your name on it.....but what were you saying about a bush wife??? Take VERY good care. Grandmom
Oh Oh I am in trouble!!
ReplyDeleteI apologize family show I know
ReplyDeleteThese are pretty powerful photos if one takes into consideration and imagines the profound history which has unfolded here.
ReplyDeletethanks for being so thorough Kirk.....Captain KIRK :)