The first thing I have to say is "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to Heather. I love you very much and miss you.
I have been back in Ottawa for a few days now and... " we have positive reports from all sections, we are a go for launch!!!"
We have a date and our flights are booked. Our contingent will be in Sudan by the end of the week. I am very excited I can't wait to get on the plane. We will probably be travelling the entire day with lay-overs etc. Once in mission we will be in Khartoum for a couple weeks getting our UN training which from what I remember in Kosovo is basically briefings on how to's, what not to do's and basic UN stuff. We will also find out where in Sudan we will be posted and then head out from there. Sudan is a huge country and there are no serviceable roads that traverse the entire country so we will probably be flying either by Dash 8 style planes or helicopter to our locations.
I can't wait... did I say how excited I was?!!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YOO HOO
ReplyDeleteI can read your excitement........and through that see your face being excited, thrilled, grinning with oh, excited.
Your enthusiasm and determination are truly motivational and inspiring for us forty somethings.
Just remember to be Safe, Alert and Aware. We want you back sane and in one piece. May you and your team travel on the wings of angels
See ya:)
Thanks very much Sharon
ReplyDelete