It has been a while since I have added anything to the blog. I am not sure I know how to top a hurricane even a small one. Any-whooo, (Heather maybe you can help me with the spelling). I still have a ton of photos that I would love to show everyone so here goes.
This is what is looks like driving from village to village in our area. It feel like you are on a safari, pardon the niavity, but you don't have anything that you can really call a road, even though you are on "the road to..." where ever. There is a trail that goes from village to village but it is so flat and dry that you literally can drive where ever you want. That is until the rain comes. The only thing different from a real safari is that there is not a lot wildlife. We see monkeys and baboons that's pretty much it and yes, cows and goats and sheep. I have heard from other contigent members that they have seen giraffes. But not in the Abyei area.
The very top photo is of a dried up river crossing, the very bottom one is a river crossing, not so dried up but just about.

Thanks for all the time you dedicate to sharing your experience with us through your photographs Kirk.
ReplyDeleteFrom here it is an adventure for me as well.
Take care
Norash
Hey, my pleasure
ReplyDelete