Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Canadian Medal Parade

HAPPY CANADA DAY!






Canada's 142 nd birthday.


The Canadian Sudanese Contigent received their UN medals today.





7 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day!!!!!
    You look so patriotic Kirk.
    And you look a little like dad.
    Seems like it was a very structured ceremony.
    See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS KIRK!! We are so proud of you. We wish we could have been there to watch you receive your medal. We were downtown taking the Canadian oath of citizenship. The kids recited it word for word. I hope you know how proud we are of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kirk can you use Google Earth on your computer there? If so, is your base, just south of the Blue Abyei label? I can see rows of buildings that look similar to the layout of your buildings on your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I cannot use google earth on these computers, UN Regulation 2349865440.89776(89)(H)(iii) "No google Earth on UN stuff" just kidding. Yes our base is just south of Abyei on the west side of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI KIRK! CONGRATULTATIONS FROM ALL THE STONES! WE ARE ON LAKE ROSSEAU IN THE RAIN - WISHING FOR SOME OF YOUR HOT WEATHER. WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU AND HOW MUCH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE GIVEN. HSXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kirk! We're looking forward to see you in just a couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cricket, Hey Holly,

    So good to hear from you. Hope all is well back home. I can't wait to head back home, it is going to be a nice long this time. Well a lot longer than the first time.

    Holly if the weather here right now was in Rosseau, I think you would be ecstatic, it is not bad at all, still really hot by Canadian standards during the day, but the nights are so nice. Perfect lake weather.

    Christine, you cannot believe how much I am dying to get home, before I left I figured 3 or 4 months then I will really start yearning for everthing that is home and I was right. There is a lot a shyte in this world and by shyte I mean BS. I will explain in a couple weeks or a little more. Love you all, please keep posting comments, they mean so much. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete