Friday, June 26, 2009

OOPS!

We got bored in the office a couple days ago and we decided to go for a qick little patrol in some of the villages. We come up to a little mud puddle and I swear that it didn't look that deep.






Thanks to the expert winching capabilities of some of our collegues who just happen to be coming our way we got out.


No matter where you go, you get stuck and you draw a crowd.

3 comments:

  1. remember, not so long ago (ahem...)... you had a grey 4 wheel drive vehicle of some kind and we decided to go offroading at Bingeman's. we got stuck (someone else was with us) and you had to push the truck out of the mud. you got so dirty that you drove home in your underwear! ha ha ha ha! looks like you're reliving the glory days! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alana! Good memory on you. I was in my first brand new vehicle ever. A 1989 Toyota 4Runner and we were with Dave Laurie, Amanda was seeing him at the time, I think. You were pretty worried about us not getting out weren't you? And yep I was covered in mud head to toe... so glad I didn't have to go back to the base in my underwear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that is a great story you guys.
    This reminds me of my first drive to my first forest tower lookout in Alberta. I got flown in by helicopter and back to town a couple of weeks later. I had left my big black Blazer, remember that thing I drove out West in, at the forestry station because it was rainy season and the roads were impassable. I drove it back to the tower and these photos look exactly like what the forestry road was like. The colour of the mud and the truck are the only differences. Plus Sudan----Alberta, different.

    Fun.

    ReplyDelete