Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Checkout these clouds

Well the rainy season is officially here, there is no date or hour of the day to make the actual time, just a lot of rain, all day yesterday basically. It started in the morning and didn't stop evening. That is the first time I have seen that since I have been here and the most rain I have seen in a long time. We also got a pretty cool show in the morning before it rained. These photos were taken yesterday and the day before in the morning just before the rain started.


Take a look at the wind sock in the third photo. It's parallel to the ground and just above the containers in the bottom right hand corner of the photo.






These first two photos were taken the day before and we didn't get any rain.














The less dramatic ones brought all the precipitation.



2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous clouds, dark but gorgeous. Seems as through they just swept themselves off of the Indian Ocean then became stuck against a cold front.
    Very Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep my guess is that it is two systems colliding

    ReplyDelete