Tuesday, October 27, 2009

RUN FOR THE HOMELESS UPDATE

Thank you for all the support and encouragement that Kirk has been receiving. Kirk cannot get on his blog right now as the UN has put on restrictions to the internet so he asked if I could provide an update for him. Kirk is training very hard right now in the hot Sudanese sun for the big run (34 km) on December 1, 2009. We are very proud of him and wish we could be there to cheer him on. 34 Km's is a long way and the sun and the sand are only some of the obstacles. I was sharing with our kids tonight at dinner about the significance of how even small amounts of money can help children that do not have parents to care or provide for them. They have decided to find ways to raise money around the house and even donate their paper route money. Our kids are 5, 4 and 2 years old. If you have always wanted to help in some way to make a difference in Africa but didn't know how- we would love for you to join Kirk in his fundraising run. Stay tuned on the blog as Kirk or I will update as to how his training is going. Sincerely, Heather (and kids) on behalf of Kirk.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kirk:
    Yes you can count me in.
    I sent the completed sponsor sheet to your email address.
    I truly hope the money directly benefits the orphans, ..directly.
    see you soon.

    ReplyDelete