Regrets? Some.
1. I was never able to whip a goat. But maybe they don't deserve to whipped after all they are goats and why would you want to whip one, instead I ate them. Lots of goat meat in this kowaja's (no idea how to spell that word... it means white person or foreigner) belly.
2. Never bought a donkey, and oh my god I should have. They are the worst treated animals here in Sudan. Hell, is coming back to Earth as a Sudanese donkey. I won't go into any details.
3. Wish I had spent more time out working on patrols instead of in the office, that really is not for me. This would be other than the poor donkeys my biggest regret. I have always known that I like being out in the field so to speak doing the hands on instead of in the office doing the paperwork.
Things I am grateful for:
1. So many, the people I met, the adventure, the entire experience. The run, especially the outcome truly amazing. And just so everyone is up to date, the money is going to feed the kids but they have to go to school to get the meal and we are also going to provide sporting and recreational activities at the school which will hopefully keep them interested in school and also benefit not just the most needy but a much larger group as in all the kids in the school.
2. Family
3. Home
4. Canada
5. Love
ka alasse ( i think? spelling?...)
Things I am grateful for:
1. So many, the people I met, the adventure, the entire experience. The run, especially the outcome truly amazing. And just so everyone is up to date, the money is going to feed the kids but they have to go to school to get the meal and we are also going to provide sporting and recreational activities at the school which will hopefully keep them interested in school and also benefit not just the most needy but a much larger group as in all the kids in the school.
2. Family
3. Home
4. Canada
5. Love
ka alasse ( i think? spelling?...)

inky binky bonky...
ReplyDeleteha ha ha... poor donkeys.
glad you're home safe! talk soon...
love you,
a
To be able to wipe your cornia clean would serve you well I bet:)
ReplyDeleteFor you this truly is a Happy New Year.
WELCOME HOME NEW kirk.
Shar