Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Beginning

I am starting this blog quite inexperienced in this sort of thing. I am by no means a hardcore blogger. The opposite is quite true. I am a 20 year member of the Ontario Provincial Police and I am leaving my family, friends and home behind to work with the United Nations for nine months in Sudan.


There are a myriad of reasons I am doing this... , social duty, adventure, to help, love of diversity, change, life, love, people... the list can go on and on.


I am setting up this blog for obvious reasons. To record and share my experience. I have never done this before so be patient with me as I learn on the go.


I am hoping to be able to enter on a daily basis but Internet connections in Sudan and with the UN might limit that.


I am not leaving for another month, February 20th 2009 to be exact, just thought I would get a head start on the whole thing. I am actually spending two weeks with my absolutely amazing family(Heather, Michaela, Camden, Rylan and Maddie the dog) then I have a two week pre-deployment course in Ottawa followed by our actual deployment.


So to everyone who visits me here... enjoy.


Heather.... I owe you huge.

3 comments:

  1. welcome to the land o' blog... :) i'm here somewhere too if you want to catch up with what i'm doing. this is pretty amazing though kirk, what a great idea to keep everyone updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumper,

    Will be watching this closely. Keep your head down and stay safe.

    Webster

    ReplyDelete